Friday, October 20, 2006

Lost in translation

Having a new version of the DVD with portuguese sub-titles was a good excuse to watch it once more and try to better understand some of the dialogues in which I hadn't understood the english. But it isn't as simple as that - the truth is: no matter how many times I see this movie, I think I'll never get enough of it. I can't explain why, but I love it! Every detail of it, every dialogue, every scene, every look between Bob and Charlotte. how can such a simple movie make you think and feel so much?

A few reviews I saw that translate my feelings about this movie:

"The final scene between Charlotte and Bob was perfect. The jealousy Charlotte felt was perfect. If they had had more, it would have been less of a movie. We all expect the protagonists to come together at the end. But they can't and they won't and that's what makes the relationship so real and wonderful. Throughout this movie, you can't help but think that these two have more in common with each other than anyone else - that's why their spouses have to be such marginal figures in the film. They are soulmates, however little they know each other.... "

"People like Bob and Charlotte really exist, and they really do meet up in very similar situations. After a week, they must go their separate ways...."

"'Lost in Translation' requires audiences to be able to pick up feelings and information on frequencies that many moviegoers don't receive on....."

"One of the greatest romantic movies of all time."!

2 Comments:

Blogger Grow2Harvest said...

genau so.
(isso mesmo).

10:41 AM  
Blogger Alexei said...

I just saw this again on tv a week ago. It is the subtlety that I love about this movie. The subtext. So much communication is never spoken. I guess good moving making runs in this director's family...

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home