Sunday, July 16, 2006

Jose Luis Peixoto

I had already read one of his books and some of his poems. however, this book ("Nenhum Olhar") still surprised me so positively....the way he combines his poetic way of writing with the novel itself, without making the reader get dispersed in the text....is brilliant.
Jose Luis Peixoto was born in 1974 and this book was published in 2000 - which means he was 25/26 when he wrote it - no one could tell a 25 year old "boy" wrote such a masterpiece of portuguese literature....
I hope this novel is already or will be translated soon. in the mean time, I leave one of the thoughts of the book, repeated several times along the novel, that I kept memory of....it makes us think about it:
"I think: maybe sufferance is thrown to crowds in big amounts and most of it falls on top of some people while very little or nothing falls on top of the others."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home