Sunday, November 05, 2006

My most valuable book

A book autographed by a Nobel Prize of Literature is something you don't get every day. It was yesterday that I got my first (and maybe last...) one. A writer of which, to be honest, I had never heard of before this conference. VS Naipaul was Nobel Prize in 2001 "for having united perceptive narrative and incorruptible scrutiny in works that compel us to see the presence of suppressed histories", according to the Nobel Foundation.
I liked his conference yesterday, although afterwards he was a bit too simplistic when answering some of the questions. He writes about India in his non-fiction work, the country from where his grandparents emigrated (he was born in Trinidad and Tobago) and where he spent many years of his life travelling.
Yesterday, I bought his first book about India: "An area of darkness". Let's see if I become a fan of the man who autographed my most valuable book. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Grow2Harvest said...

O meu livro mais valioso é "A Anita no campo"...

mais que os do saramugo autografados.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Ana said...

A Anita...esse clássico da nossa infância. :-) eheh

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home