Monday, November 20, 2006

Roma

The feeling I had was that Rome was built in a larger scale than any other city. All the monuments and the statues of the monuments are huge, even the monument to Victor Emanuel, which was finished in this century.

I missed the Vatican museum and consequently the Sistine chapel, since it was closed Sunday afternoon and I wasn't aware of that. Although I had seen it ten years ago, by then I was too young to appreciate it's beauty. I'm very mad with myself for this HUGE mistake.

Finally, the funny details: 8 euros for a simple ice cream in one of the streets close to Vatican (the most expensive ice cream I've ever had); and the restaurant where they ran out of chips for my Saltimboca alla Romana (what kind of restaurant runs out of chips at 9 pm?).

Prego, prego, prego, prego: I couldn't learn the language, but I will dream with "pregos" (nails in portuguese) for the next few days . :-)

Arriverdeci, Roma!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home