Friday, December 01, 2006

The new book of Jose Luis Peixoto


"Cemiterio de Pianos" (Graveyard of Pianos) is the new book of Jose Luis Peixoto. I can't wait to read it! here is an excerpt of it:

"Não há nenhuma diferença entre aquilo que aconteceu mesmo e aquilo que fui distorcendo com a imaginação, repetidamente, repetidamente, ao longo dos anos. Não há nenhuma diferença entre as imagens baças que lembro e as palavras cruas, cruéis, que acredito que lembro, mas que são apenas reflexos construídos pela culpa. O tempo, conforme um muro, uma torre, qualquer construção, faz com que deixe de haver diferenças entre a verdade e a mentira...."

"There is no difference between what really happened and what I’ve distorted with my imagination, over and over again, over the years. There is no difference between the dim images that I remember and the harsh, cruel words that I think I remember, but that are only reflexes constructed by guilt. Time, like a wall, a tower, any construction, takes away the differences between the truth and lies..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home