Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Today I realized that maybe my way of thinking is now closer to the belgian than to the portuguese way of thinking. maybe....
why? because here people have no big secrets and there are no fears of being discriminated. if someone is gay, he/she doesn't have to hide it. if someone is accidentally pregnant, she doesn't have to worry about how the society will look at her after assuming it. here, whatever you are, people will accept it - at least in this part of the country.
today I realized that someone I know is in a similar situation in Portugal and wants to keep it a secret. maybe needlessly, maybe not. the thing is it seems ridiculous to me. was Portugal already like this 2 years ago? or was it me who changed? I don't remember.

P.S. - although I think portuguese people are still too conservative, things have fortunately changed very quickly in the last few years.
P.S.2 - I am only lefty in my writing. I have no political preferences for the left-wing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexei said...

P.S.2 yeah sure ;-)

4:53 AM  
Blogger Ana said...

well...if you say so... :-)

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home