Sunday, September 24, 2006

World Trade Center



I went to watch this movie yesterday. The critics I had heard were not that good. however, I'm always more curious when the movie is based on a true story, specially in this case: what this movie shows, no matter how unbelievable it seems, happened for real. probably that's why I ended up touched by it. and probably that's the reason why I think most people will like it.

It is incredible how Oliver Stone managed to focus only on the story of the people who were trapped and of those who went to save them and completely ignored any aspect of the attacks itself or of the terrorists or of any politics. No matter how much I didn't like it at the moment, after thinking about it, I think I understood why Oliver Stone wanted to do it this way: this is the real story of the people who most suffered from this attacks and had nothing to do with this war of hate: people who died down there and families.
but, still, I have to say I liked "United 93" better. however, this movie is certainly also worth seeing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolina said...

I would like to see that movie, as well as United 93. But aren't they too depressing?

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home