Monday, February 13, 2006

Mafalda Arnauth



You might wonder: why Mafalda Arnauth? Why Mafalda Arnauth, if everybody who likes FADO, first of all mentions Amalia, maybe then Mariza and only then all the "others".

Well, maybe because she is the author of one of my favourite songs ("Meus Lindos Olhos" (My Beautiful Eyes)). Maybe because it was only because of that song that I started to find fado an interesting music, that I feel like listening to, especially when I'm away from home, I don't know why...maybe simply because I have portuguese genes. :)

She has a new cd, called "Diario", which you can find at iTunes Music Store. If you feel like discovering this traditional portuguese song called fado, download some of the songs. Unfortunately, the song I was mentioning can't be found there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home